We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and we are duty bound to comply with the SRA Standards and Regulations which include a set of Principles and various codes of conduct. If the complaint is about the relevant fee earner or the relevant fee earners conduct and you consider we have acted in breach of our regulatory obligations as set out by the SRA and if you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint having followed the procedure below you can refer the matter to the SRA to review.
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-qualify legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure. In any event we will send you a copy of this procedure as requested.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Tony Mellowes, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Tony Mellowes will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within fourteen days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Tony Mellowes will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting, or it is not possible, Tony Mellowes will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within twenty one days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner to review the decision.
- We will write to you within fourteen days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact The SRA as indicated above. Alternative complaints bodies (such as Ombudsman Services: https://ombudsman-services.org and Small Claims Mediation: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/small-claims-mediation-service) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should you wish to use such a scheme.
We have however, chosen not to adopt an alternative dispute resolution process. If, therefore, you wish to complain further you should contact The Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6167, Slough SL1 0EH Telephone Number: 0300 555 0333 www.legalombudsman.org.uk or the SRA (as appropriate).
The complaints procedure does not involve any charges from us to you.